Make Math Facts Fun
Instant recall and mastering multiplication facts for fluency is needed for exponents, making common denominators for adding and subtracting fractions and solving algebraic equations just to name a few. However, practicing facts with flash cards can be redundant and dull. Memorizing multiplication products can be challenging for many kids.
* Playing Multiplication War with a deck of cards
* Playing Multiplication War with dice
(Student each roll two dice multiplying them together for the product. Largest number wins)
* Playing Four in a Row Game
* Playing Bump
* Playing Multiplication Jenga
* Playing Memory using number cards or flashcards
* On-line games and apps like IXL and Multiplication Kids app
* Number Puzzles
* Tic Tac Toe
* Factor Find Dice Game
* Writing Multiplication Math Facts with shaving cream, sidewalk chalk or in colored sand
* Color by Number Multiplication Activities
I have incorporated all of these games (and more) into my multiplication resources. I make them into individual student journals for kiddos to work on independently or with a partner.
Here are just a few of my go-to resources for practicing multiplication facts.