School buildings may be closed right now but I know dedicated teachers, like you, are looking for a new and exciting ways to engage your Third Graders. Have I got a great idea for you? Digital multiplication Boom Cards to the rescue.
Like you, I have been exploring numerous apps and websites, like Clever, IXL and Seesaw, to come up with ways to teach my students math during remote learning . . . and then I tried BOOM!
BOOM Learning is a great website full of digital games created by educators, like me, who want engaging and meaningful games for their students.
Here’s what GREAT about BOOM Cards
Multiplication Boom Cards are a Crowd Pleaser!
Here’s the quick down-low on BOOM and why you will GET ADDICTED to these Digital cards like I am !
* Kids love playing them. I have my students and my own sons playing them at home.
* The cards can be played on several different devices such as iPads, chromebooks, laptops, and even SMART-BOARDS. There is even a Boom App.
* BOOM Cards collect data – what? yes 🙂 – and can provide reports to you. In these reports, you will be able to see what specific questions a student did not get correct.
* There are tons of BOOM Decks, both free and paid, on the Boom Learning Website and Teachers Pay Teachers
* BOOM Cards will always play from https://wow.boomlearning.com
This website is free for the starter version where students play without the self grading component. If you are interested in self-grading feature for up to 50 students, the Basic membership is only $15 a year. BUT…here’s INCREDIBLE NEWS…BOOM is FREE
for all levels
during the quarantine unit the end of this school year on June 30th.
Boom Learning also has it’s own YOUTUBE Channel for specific step by step instructions if needed.
Multiplication Times 10
Check out this Multiplication Times 10 I created just for you. There are 24 cards in all.
The cards begin with multiple choice of 2 for the first 6 cards
Then the next 6 cards have multiple choice between 4 choices.
I just kicked it up a bit here.
The next 6 cards the student actually have to type in the answer.
The last 6 cards students identify and drop/drag multiples of 10
How cute are these still photographs of the cards?
Are you little intrigued?
Check out this video of some of the cards in action.
My wish is that you enjoy this Multiplication Times 10 Boom Card FREE Deck for your kiddos. Stay safe and healthy during this time. I am thinking of all my fellow teachers every day as we navigate this new normal together.
You can always “COUNT ON ME” for engaging, differentiated math resources to help every student shine!